Selling a Home
When selling your home there are no guarantees
that a buyer will simply walk through the front door. In many
cases you may have to bring your home to the buyer. Effective
marketing will help ensure that your property receives maximum
exposure to attract a ready, willing and able buyer. The appearance
of your home, a buyer's first impressions, and other considerations
can also affect the sale of your home. Be sure to explore
tips for increasing your home's value. Have you considered
that home prices in your neighborhood and the value of your
property is also factors used for pricing your home? Increasing
the Value of Your House When you're preparing your house for
sale, remember the importance of first impressions. The market
isn't the only factor that influences whether you get your
asking price. Appearance and overall condition play a major
role. Here are some easy things you can do to make your home
more appealing to buyers. It is estimated that more than half
the houses are sold before the buyers even get out of their
cars. So stand across the street from your house and review
its curb appeal.
- Sweep front walkway.
- Remove newspapers, bikes and toys.
- Park extra cars away from the property.
- Trim back the shrubs.
- Apply fresh, clean paint throughout.
- Clean windows and window coverings throughout.
- Keep pet areas clean.
- Keep plumbing and all appliances in working order.
all sealant (window, tub, shower, sink, etc.) in good
- Make sure roof and gutters are in good condition.
- Mow the lawn more frequently and plant flowers.
- Kitchen and bathroom should shine.
- Quick once-over with the vacuum; carpets should be clean.
- Place fresh flowers in the main rooms.
- Put dishes away, unless setting a formal display for decoration.
- Make beds and put all clothes away.
- Enhance the spaciousness of each room.
- Open drapes and turn on lights for a brighter feel.
- Straighten closets.
- Put toys away.
- Turn off television.
- Play soft music on the radio/stereo.
- Keep pets out of the way and pet areas clean and odor-free.
- Secure jewelry, cash, prescription medication and other
- Potential buyers usually feel more comfortable if the
owners are not present.
- If people unaccompanied by an agent request to see your
property, please refer
them to your real estate professional for an appointment.
- Leave a number where you can be reached if you are leaving
town, even for a
To Free Reports and Misc Information
Information contained herein is
deemed accurate and correct, but no warranty is implied or
For all of your realtor needs, please
feel free to call me at (904) 268-6700 or email me at email@example.com.